It’s no secret that the American economy is the home of some of the most creative, talented and agile businesses on the planet. But did you know that an overwhelming 28 million of those businesses are small businesses? That’s over half of all the businesses in the United States!
It’s true- small businesses carry our country’s economy and have a positive impact on our daily lives and relationships. Automotive business owners are no different- you provide a vital service to the economy: you keep everyone moving and help ensure our safety on the road. Be proud to be a small business owner!
Here are some of the best stats we’ve found that shows just how important you are to everyone:
Small businesses make the world go round:
- Small businesses account for 60-80% of all new jobs added to the private sector.
- Small business jobs account for more than 55% of all jobs, employ 57% of the country’s total private workforce, and have been adding 66% of all new jobs in the country since the 1970s.
- These increases are only getting better- the era of small businesses is here.
Small businesses are creative and inventive:
- Small businesses create 13X more patents than corporations.
- Let’s not forget that most major players, house-hold brand names and corporations, started out as small businesses.
Small businesses commit to making things better:
- Since the 1990s, big business and corporations have been cutting jobs. While big businesses and corporations have cut over 4 million jobs, small businesses added over 8 million jobs.
- Small business change mindsets and the status quo. Small businesses employ more women and minorities than corporations and were integral to helping women get a stake in today’s workforce.
We hope this has shown you how important your business is! CarCareCONNECT is dedicated to helping independent automotive businesses around the country succeed and make their mark!